Sub Domain vs. Domain Plan
Provides you with an email address
Browse Web & Email$15/month
Analogous to those plans provided by Erols, AT&T, etc.
You can use Netscape or other browsers to Surf the Net!
SubDomain PlanHaving your own Web site
Just $5 per month
Includes Email address and Web Browsing
- No further fees
- Your sub-domain name can be anything
but will be "within" the CICORP.COM address
- The name is a bit harder to remember
- People will probably not find you by guessing
- Email your web page changes any time to CICorp for posting through FTP
Domain PlanHaving your own Domain
- $105/year to start,
or $8.80 per month thereafter
- Plus annual $35 fee after the second year to maintain your domain name
- Your Domain name must be unique and registered with InterNIC
- It is considered more "prestigous" to have your own domain name
- Easier to remember and to guess while "surfing"
- You will have access through FTP to make web page changes yourself
If you have any questions, email@example.com, or call 703/486-2222.
- Once you get to the screen, they work the same
- They both have the same features
- They both can be found through the Internet "Yellow Page" services
- People usually do not type the names in, so length is not an issue.
They will "jump" to your home page from a pointer or bookmark.
- You can change your mind to upgrade from SubDomain to Domain any time
and a "pointer" will automatically take people your your new address.
Copyright © 1995 Computer Instructors Corporation